Small concessions

Friday, January 15, 2010

My name is Kirsten. I am totally obsessed with nutrition, and with finding small ways to introduce healthier options into my family's diet. The world of food labels, salt, sugar, fat, dieting, eating right, food pyramids etc. is very confusing, and honestly, I think someone needs to start demystifying and clarifying how it is people can truly start to make healthier choices.

That's where I come in. I am obsessed with food, with eating well, and with finding ways of making small concessions without becoming miserable. I'm not perfect, and yes, sometimes I eat what my son calls "Junky food", but I want to spread the message that even small concessions can lead to a major improvement in your diet and in the way you feel. It doesn't have to be all or nothing, you don't have to be perfect, and with every small step, you can be on your way to a healthier you.

So as I begin this blog, I want to give you the basis of my "food philosophy":

Eat food that provides nutrient value, and avoid or minimize that which does not feed and fuel the body.

There. That's it. Sounds good, sounds easy. It's a great principle, and one that I grapple with every day. So I want to post about the small successes on my quest to nourish my body and those of my family. I'll share recipes, tricks, and product reviews when I find something really super. I may post a few "do not eat this" posts as well. I am not affiliated with any food producers or marketers, just someone who is on the quest for nutrition that is understandable, and as easy to navigate as possible.

Cheers, and I look forward to going through this with you.
Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Healthy food, healthy mind, healthy me Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino