My weakness (ok, one of them): grown up, gluten & dairy free "Zoodles"

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

You remember Zoodles don't you? Those canned white pasta noodles in sugary, salty tomato sauce?? There was a time I was working for the local hardware store (okay that was high school but let's pretend it was recently) where I ate a microwaved can of Zoodles every break time with a can of Five Alive. I know...trust me.

Well, there is something about that whole thing that brings back awesome memories. But Zoodles are made with glucose, enriched wheat flour, and cheap dairy. Yuck. I wish I could list the actual ingredients for you but I can't seem to find them anywhere! Coincidence? Probably not!

Now let's look at the alternative. This is Imagine's Organic reduced sodium creamy garden tomato soup. Ingredients: filtered water, organic tomatoes, organic onions, organic brown rice syrup, organic celery, organic expeller pressed canola oil and/or safflower oil and/or sunflower oil, salt with potassium chloride, organic spices, organic garlic powder. It is dairy and gluten free, and SO yummy. Simmer this with a solid handful of brown rice noodles, and bam- you've got a healthier version of zoodles. No, it's not kale and chia seeds, but this stuff is AMAZING, and I could seriously eat the entire thing. So when you're jonesing for a happy little slice of your childhood, give this option a try. You will NOT be disappointed!

Share/Bookmark

1 comments:

Tracey said...

This sounds perfect! Anabel will love it!

Post a Comment

Healthy food, healthy mind, healthy me Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino