Real food rocks- simple gluten & dairy free tuna salad recipe

Friday, May 6, 2011

Please don't think that I don't think about you. I seem to be in a period of time where it's just been quite difficult to find time for things. Truth be told, in addition to my regular routine, I've added in considerable physical activity- which is taking a much-needed place in my life, but is definitely causing me to juggle my schedule even more.

On that front, I am now running a 3k on my "low" days, and a 5k on my long-run days. I am also still keeping up with hip hop and Zumba (minus the odd class interruption which seems "the way" when the city is running them). I feel great, strong, and at the same time a bit harried as I still try to fit in all I used to have time for. On that note, I'd like to share a recipe. It's simple, delicious and real. Here's what it looked like on our picnic table in the backyard while little Miss and I were enjoying our lunch.


Real-Food Tuna Salad

Ingredients (serves ...1 adult and 1 child, or 1 really hungry adult)
1 can light tuna
1 avocado
2 small organic peppers
1 tomato, cubed
2 TB chopped chives
2-3 TB caesar salad dressing

Directions
Chop, combine, enjoy

Really, this was the simplest thing ever. It would be amazing as a topper on a big bed of spinach or other favourite "greens". I'll be honest that the wee lass didn't love it, but was convinced to eat enough to fill up her belly. I LOVED it more than I could possibly describe to you.

Can you suggest any variations for the next time I make it?? Sunflower seeds for crunch? Broccoli? Chopped coriander?
Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Healthy food, healthy mind, healthy me Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino