Arugula salad

Monday, March 22, 2010

Um, I heart arugula. Did I mention that? At least a dozen times I'm sure. Here's a little pic of tonight's dinner:
Yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about!!! here's how I made it:
  1. Take a plate (yes, I'm getting pretty graphic here)
  2. Scoop out some pre-washed organic arugula onto a plate
  3. Add sliced cucumber and tomatoes
  4. tear up some fresh basil leaves and sprinkle all over
  5. Cut up 1/2 an avocado and let it tumble all over your plate..as you salivate
  6. Sprinkle the whole shmozzle with hemp seeds and shredded flax seeds
  7. drizzle with your favourite dressing (I used 1:3 ratio of balsamic to olive oil, with a generous SPLOOSH of dijon mustard)
Now close your eyes and enjoy a private slice of paradise....mmmmmm

I'd also like to add that I had some steamed broccoli and a handful of oven fries that my kids were eating...cuz you know- you can't eat ALL good...  ;)
I topped it off with a few bites of 85% dark chocolate. Heaven.
Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Healthy food, healthy mind, healthy me Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino