When I eat junk...

Monday, March 8, 2010

Okay. I have said this before, I'll say it again: sometimes, I eat junk food. Sometimes (particularly when avoiding an unpleasant task) I eat LOTS. Here are some of my favourites:

CHOCOLATE. Num. Thing is, in addition to becoming a ridiculous coffee snob (MASSIVELY dark roast only, 18% cream - my only source of dairy- and honey- three swirls around the cup) I am a total chocolate snob. I no longer have any love for the vending machine fare. I must have DARK, between 70-85% cocoa, and my favourite is called Zing by Zazubean. Oh...MY...WORD. It is so good, it's sinful. It's also over 4$ a bar, but unlike the vending machine chocolate, this is one I savour in 3-4 servings. I have never eaten this kind of bar all in one sitting. Mainly because you don't need to- it's SO dark and rich, you just need a piece..mmmmmm. So Zing has espresso chunks, and 70% dark chocolate. The "zing" part comes from the espresso of course, but also from astragalus, ginseng and maca. That is my ultimate weakness. I also like Green & Black's bars too. YUM.

So, when I have a SALT craving, here it is: plain Ruffles chips and jalapeno hummus. To...die...for. Okay, chips—totally not a good choice, but they do only have a handful of ingredients, all of which I recognize and can buy myself in any store, and at least the hummus has protein, fibre, and even iron. Is it the best source? Nope. Does it taste totally freakin' good on occasion? Yup.

Just wanted to share my weaknesses as I know we all have them. I never pretend that I don't sometimes indulge in food that is NOT the best choice. But you know, it's all about balance. Take the bad and drown it in the good. I had chocolate today, and sweet potato chips (yum) but I also had two salads, a bowl of fruit, a bowl of veggies and a quinoa burger on a rice tortilla. All in all, a successful day.

Celebrate your successes today. If you figure you missed the boat, don't be too hard on yourself. Tomorrow, drown the junk in good stuff—you'll be glad you did. :)
Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Healthy food, healthy mind, healthy me Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino