Vegan, gluten free banana muffins

Friday, July 16, 2010

I have a love-hate relationship with muffins. I love to eat them, but I am crushed when I waste expensive ingredients and fail at making them. So I'd like to present- ta daaaaa- banana muffins!!! I had a whole bunch of bananas that were on their way out so I busted out an old recipe (funny how I used to cook and eat) and changed it up. Here's what you'll need:

Dropsie's gluten free, vegan banana muffins
Ingredients
2 TB shredded flax seeds or flax meal
5 TB water
3 large, squishy, overripe bananas
1/4 cup of coconut oil
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 1/2 cups gluten free all-purpose flour mix (mine was brown rice, white rice and potato starch)
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp baking soda (GF, aluminum free)
1/4 tsp salt

Directions
Combine flax and water in a blender and as Jamie Oliver says, "give it a waz". Let it rip for a minute or two then add in oil, bananas then coconut sugar. Set it to mix and then in a big bowl, combine the flour, xanthan, baking soda and salt. Pour the blender mix into the bowl and whisk.

Pour into lined or greased muffin tins, and bake for 17-20 minutes on 350. My oven is a gas convection range and it took me 17 minutes. 

This is the flour mix that I used:
YUM! Enjoy. :)
Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Healthy food, healthy mind, healthy me Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino