Vegetable soup (simple, gluten free, dairy free)

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Hello all! With a sick lil' boy, I stretched my imagination and came up with a quick soup.
Here's the skinny on how I made soup in about 30 minutes (start to finish!):

Quick vegetable soup
Ingredients:
1 box Pacific natural foods organic chicken broth
1/2 cup Eden Organics pasta and pizza sauce
1/2 an onion, diced
1 Tb grapeseed oil
2 cups chopped veggies (mine included green beans, fresh peas, carrots, peppers)
3/4 cup brown rice pasta mini shells

Directions:
Saute onion in oil until translucent. Add the rest, bring to a boil and simmer until the noodles are soft. Yep. That's it. ;)

Kitchen tip: Every week I make a HUGE container of chopped veggies and leave it in the fridge to pilfer from for lunches, snacks, etc. That was one of the reasons this was so quick to make: I grabbed handfuls of carrot sticks, peppers etc. and gave them a quick dice. I strongly recommend you invest an hour to chop everything at the beginning of the week and keep it in a container like this Rubbermaid one- they will keep throughout the week (though you may want to lay a damp paper towel over the lot to keep them from drying out).
Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Healthy food, healthy mind, healthy me Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino